Yesterday, I took a quick swerve as I heard Colorado Christian College professor and KNUS talk show hostess, Krista Kafer say she wouldn't have a problem voting for a "pro-choice" candidate since abortion is just one of a number of issues women care about.
While I agree that women have a vast array of issues and concerns, I'd like to offer 10 reasons why Krista's premise is deeply flawed.
1. Without the right to life, all other tights are meaningless. America was founded upon the deeply held belief expressed in the Declaration of independence that, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
And the ultimate purpose of our Constitution is to "secure the Blessings of Liberty to our Posterity."
Furthermore, the 5th and 14th Amendments plainly state that, "None shall be deprived of life, liberty or property, without due process of law."
2. Since the infamous and dare I say, evil, Roe v Wade decision, 27,500,000 female babies have been killed in the womb by abortionists. Krista is spokesperson for Colorado Women's Alliance. Is there no cognitive dissonance to claim to represent women and at the same time say candidates who vote for allowing our sisters to be murdered before birth are worthy of support? Huh?
3. Abortion is horrific for babies and bad for women's health. For decades there has been overwhelming evidence that there is a greatly increased risk of breast cancer after induced abortion. As Abortionbreastcancer.com has well documented, abortion leaves breast cells especially vulnerable to carcinogens when the breasts don't fully develop into the milk producing organs they are intended to be by pregnancy's end.
4. The insidious belief that black Americans were once believed to be property, is sadly being repeated by the abortion industry today with the lie that the baby is the property of the mother, to be dealt with as she sees fit.
5. The founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger was a eugenicist, racist. She was called, "Hitler in a skirt" in the same era that Hitler was known as, Sanger in a mustache." It is no mistake that most killing mills are in the heart of the inner city. Black Americans are 12% of the population and yet receive nearly % 40 of abortions. More black children are killed by abortionists every three days, than were ever lynched by the KKK in all of history.
6. Post abortive women have a greatly increased risk of suicide and substance abuse problems. Abortions cause a great increase in premature birth which increases the risk of Cerebral Palsy in babies born before full term.
7. Abortion Industry 500 pound gorilla, Planned Parenthood, has been caught repeatedly covering up statutory rape. Rocky Mountain Planned Parenthood is currently embroiled in a law suit for failure to report the sexual abuse of a minor girl whose step father raped her from the time she was six until 13 when she became pregnant. All sorts of red flags required that suspected sexual abuse of a minor was in question but instead RMPP aborted the child, gave her an injectable contraceptive and sent her home with her rapist. Is this how we treat our precious daughters?
8. "Pro-choice" is a euphemism for the violent dismemberment of children growing and developing within their mother where they should be most safe. Their tiny body parts are re-assembled by the paid assassin to be certain none are left behind to cause infection. Oh, by the way Rocky Mountain Planned Parenthood is fighting a law suit by a woman who had to visit the emergency room because of RMPP's failure to get all the body parts out of the mom's body.
9. As Christians, we know that God's Holy Word tells us that we are wonderfully and fearfully made, (Psalm 139:14) that He had a plan and destiny for our lives (Jeremiah 1:5) which clearly
wasn't to be dismembered at Planned Murderhood, and finally that we have a duty as believers to, rescue the innocent being unjustly led to the slaughter (Proverbs 24:11).
10. No one that claims the name of Jesus Christ as savior should ever vote for a candidate that rejects the words of Thomas Jefferson, "The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction, is the chief and only legitimate object of good government."
For over forty years America has allowed the prolife industry to keep regulating the murder of the most innocent among us. Our nation is reaping what we've sown by teaching generations that it's ok to kill to solve problems. So, Krista Kafer, I pray you will reconsider ever casting a vote for someone who'd advocate the wanton destruction of our tiniest citizens. If a candidate can't be trusted to protect the most vulnerable, they can't be trusted with anything.